Flawless Communication ... A Myth?

Well, if we're just counting by the day, I'm gonna say no. Flawless communication is not a myth at all. And today was flawless in terms of communication in my organization.

It all started with an event ...

That I've been planning for only two weeks ...

(In the event world, that's hardly any time at all)

I'd enlisted the help of my coworkers to make the day perfect ...

And I gotta admit, the event, and the day went pretty damn near perfect!

Why? might you ask ...

Communication!

I'd learned from the last event I put on that if I didn't tell my coworkers exactly what I wanted, well, then I didn't get exactly what I wanted out of them. Let's be honest, I'm never going to get exactly what I want 100% of the time, but when I communicated to them exactly what I needed this time around, I got pretty darn close.

"For efficient communication, it is necessary that receiver understands meaning of message and show it to sender through some expected reactions (Ivancevich, Matteson, 2002)."

For this event, I made sure my coworkers understood what I meant when I asked them to do a task, and because of that, the task was done correctly. Because of this, and many other reasons, I had a very successful event (at least in my own opinion).




References: 
Ivancevich J., Matteson M., (2002), Organizational Behavior and Management, McGraw-Hill

Comments

  1. Good for you for learning from past experiences and enhancing your communication skills accordingly. Congrats on planning a successful event!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment